Speaker is a WordPress Plugin designed to converts website page content into human-like speech. The plugin uses the latest technology of machine learning and artificial intelligence to play a high-quality human voice and add an audio player with content to the page. The basis of the Speaker plugin is the Google Cloud Platform, which ensures the reliability and speed of the plugin anywhere in the world.
The Speaker WordPress Plugin converts text into human-like speech in more than 235 voices across 40+ languages and variants. It applies groundbreaking research in speech synthesis (WaveNet) and Google’s robust neural networks to deliver high-fidelity audio.
The Speaker is the only WordPress Plugin that supports the standard of the Speech Synthesis Markup Language(SSML). SSML allows you to fine-tune speech for each article on your website. You can pause, intonate, read numbers, and telephones in the usual format for humans. In addition, the SSML in the Speaker allows using several voices and languages in a single article. For example, you can voice an article with an interview in several different voices, or use this feature for online language courses.
This product has been tested and is fully compatible with all popular WordPress editors. Incredibly flexible plugin settings allow you to enable/disable it on different pages; for different user groups; on different devices(mobile, tablet, desktop).
A lot of useful functions and settings
In the Speaker, you can create custom Speech Templates for each page. In addition, for each type of post in WordPress, a custom Speech Template can be created and used.
Batch processing allows you to convert into speech all the existing pages of your site. To do this, just make a few clicks in the familiar WordPress interface. It doesn’t matter how many posts on your site are 5 or 5,000 for all of its speech will be synthesized and an audio file generated.
Customizable intro and outro for all synthesized speech files, a very convenient feature if you want all your files to be branded in the same style. For example, you can add a greeting or copyright at the beginning and/or end of each speech file.
Flexible design features allow you to customize the appearance of the player to your liking and place it in different positions on the page. Besides, you can place several players on one page. For example, if you want to insert audio versions of several other articles into one article to maintain the context of the story.
The Speaker is GDPR-compliant, which means it can’t use or send private or not a public page content.
The audio of a post/page is generated based on the current page markup available publicly. If you use password-protected post types that are available only for specific users or a group of users, the Speaker can’t work with them.
Many of the customers requested a link to download the audio file. And we did it for you! Now with just one setting, you can enable the display of the download link on both the Front-end and the Back-end.
We continuously monitor the latest innovations and trends in the development universe. And they prepared a plugin to work with the newest version of PHP. However, you can use the plugin on older versions as well. The speaker is compatible with the PHP version starting from 5.6 and up to the most recent stable versions.
The new user interface has been made specifically for version 2.0. The UI is inspired by the Material Design style and looks fresh and modern.
Speaker is fully cross-browser. It does not matter which browser users view your site. Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Edge, or even the outdated versions of Internet Explorer – in all browsers, visitors will get an incredible experience. Moreover, this is especially important if your site has many long pages, such as a Blog, Portfolio, Corporate Website, eCommerce Project, Creative Agency, Real Estate Listing, Personal CV, a Restaurant or Retail Company.
Features of the Text-to-Speech Plugin
- Visual Speech Template Builder
- Supported SSML for WordPress
- Batch processing WordPress Pages and Posts
- Automatically synthesizing audio after saving the page
- Multiple voices and languages on the single page
- Custom pauses and intonation
- Fully supported of Custom WordPress Post Formats
- 40+ Languages Includes
- More than 235 human-like voices
- Customizable speech speed and pitch for each voice
- Custom audio Intro and Outro
- Includes addon for Elementor & widget for WPBakery
- Tested and compatible with Elementor, WPBakery Page Builder and Visual Composer
- Works well with all popular WordPress Themes
- Gutenberg Ready
- Five Player Styles
- Download link on Front-end and(or) Back-end
- Seven Positions for Placing the Player
- Includes Player Shortcode to Place Anywhere on the Website
- Perfect for RTL direction
- Beautiful modern User Interface
- Tested and Compatible up to WordPress 5++
- Lightweight and Fast
- Powered by Google Cloud Platform
- Compatible with all Modern Browsers
- Includes exclusive access to WaveNet technology
- Easy to use and customize
- Installation Guide
- Detailed Users Manual
- Huge Customization Capabilities
- Six months Included Support for CodeCanyon buyers
Speaker Text-to-Speech Plugin tested and compatible with All Major WP Plugins: Yoast SEO, Contact Form 7, W3 Total Cache, NextGen Gallery, Slider Revolution, WooCommerce, etc. It also works perfectly and improves the user experience with popular Website Page Builders, like Elementor, Visual Composer, Gutenberg, Beaver Builder, Divi, Themify Builder, WP Bakery Page Builder, Layers WP, and many others. The plugin works perfectly with all significant WordPress frameworks: Genesis, Divi, Themify, Warp 7, Ultimatum, Beans, Unyson, Gantry, and others.
Learn a little more about what the plugin can do and how to configure it from the Online Documentation.
Please note, for the correct plugin works you need authorization by valid Google Account.
3.1.1 – 6 Janyary 2021
- Added Romanian language (ro-RO) and 1 female voices for it
3.1.0 – 25 September 2020
- Updated Google Cloud text-to-speech libraries up to 1.2
3.0.9 – 16 September 2020
- Fixed Bulk audio generation
3.0.8 – 31 August 2020
- Fixed issue with Custom Post types savings
3.0.7 – 26 August 2020
- Fixed issue with “Synthesize audio on save” option
- Fixed ‘hover’ pseudo-event is deprecated warning
- Removed migration from physical API key file to encoded DB option
3.0.6 – 21 August 2020
- Fixed issue with plugin update
3.0.5 – 14 August 2020
- Added new language Yue Chinese (yue-HK) and 4 voices for it
- Removed ‘volume’ parameter, as it caused errors
3.0.4 – 18 July 2020
- Fixed plugin update and activation issues
3.0.3 – 04 July 2020
- Added FOLLOW LOCATION for CURL when parsing.
- Added tag to speaker-mute shortcode. Use [speaker-mute tag=”span”] to mute a couple word in a paragraph.
3.0.2 – 02 July 2020
- Fixed issue with script tags in content.
- Improved error and exception processing.
- Updated cloud-text-to-speech client libraries.
3.0.1 – 01 July 2020
- Improved [speaker-mute] shortcode.
- Improved element editor form.
- Fixed bulk processing with default speech templates.
- Code improvements
3.0.0 – 25 June 2020
- Added Speech Template Editor(beta)
- Added Elementor widget and WPBakery addon.
- Added shortcode [speaker-prosody] to customize the pitch, speaking rate, and volume.
- Added shortcode [speaker-say] to say but not show content.
- Added Read the Title option
- Added Volume Gain control in settings
- Added a mirror for customers from Iran and other countries without access to Google Cloud
- Added new rules to Assignments: WordPress Content, Home Page, Menu Items, URL
- Added filter speaker_before_synthesis
- Added filter speaker_before_part_speak
- Added filter speaker_before_adding_watermarks
- Added filter speaker_before_voice_divider
- Added filter speaker_before_content_dividing
- Added filter speaker_before_content_manipulations
- Added Drag & Drop API Key uploading
- Increased plugin speed
- Added new voices (Standard and WaveNet)
- Added Custom Post Types Support
- Added Custom CSS tab in settings
- Updated cloud-text-to-speech client library up to 1.0.1
- Fixed multiple voices issue with different sample rates
- Improved handling of special characters
- Improved parsing mechanism
- Improved Multi-sites Support
- Improved plugin stability
- Improved Security
- Code refactoring
2.1.2 – 1 May 2020
- Added new language bn-IN, Bengali (বাংলা), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language gu-IN, Gujarati (ગુજરાતી), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language kn-IN, Kannada (ಕನ್ನಡ), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language ml-IN, Malayalam (മലയാളം), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language ta-IN, Tamil (தமிழ்), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language te-IN, Telugu (తెలుగు), with two voices: male and female.
- Added new language th-TH, Thai (ภาษาไทย), with one male voice.
2.1.1 – 28 February 2020
- Improved compatibility with automated content creation systems
- Fixed bug with synthesizing audio after -more->
2.1.0 – 27 February 2020
- Added auto generation on post update as option
- UI notification and messages improvements
- Minor code improvements
2.0.6 – 16 January 2020
- Fixed bug with Elementor Builder
- Fixed issue with plugin icon color
- Other minor improvements
2.0.5 – 8 December 2019
- Added Taiwanese Chinese
- Improved HTML entities processing
2.0.4 – 6 December 2019
- Improved page processing algorithm
2.0.3 – 13 November 2019
- Improved compatibility with WordPress 5.3
2.0.2 – 8 November 2019
- Added plugin update notifications
- Moved module Bulk Process to the separate plugin
- Fixed missed column name in the WordPress Screen Options
- Fixed responsive behavior for the Speaker column
- Improved the status tab
- Fixed other minor issues
2.0.1 – 2 November 2019
- Fixed plugin activation issue
2.0.0 – 1 November 2019
- Added Speech Synthesis Markup Language (SSML)
- Added speech synthesis in different voices on one page (voice dialogue)
- Added batch processing for WordPress posts and WordPress pages
- Added the ability to mute(not voice) pieces of the page
- Added the ability to add Intro Phrase to audio
- Added the ability to add Outro Phrase to audio
- Added the download display preference (Backend/Frontend)
- Added pitch and speaking speed settings
- Added plugin activation interface
- Added the removal settings
- Added system requirements check and notices
- Improved compatibility with WPBakery Page Builder and Divi Builder
- Plugin prepared for PHP 7.3
- Moved plugin on the modern User Interface
- Multiple minor improvements
1.1.1 – 7 September 2019
- Hotfix for the Fusion Builder
1.1.0 – 7 September 2019
- Introduced a new way to process page content
- Added compatibility with NextGen Gallery, Fusion Builder and TablePress
- Added compatibility with old plugins
1.0.5 – 22 August 2019
- Improved compatibility with Divi Page Builder
- Fixed broken Documentation link
1.0.4 – 21 August 2019
- Fixed issue in WPBakery audio player
1.0.3 – 21 August 2019
- Improved compatibility with WPBakery Page Builder
1.0.2 – 16 August 2019
1.0.1 – 15 August 2019
- Now, when you delete a post, it will be removed and the mp3 attached to it
- Fixed generation large audio files bug
- Fixed bug with HTML special characters